Happy National Assisted Living Week! Are you ready to capture the moment?
The National Center for Assisted Living (NCAL) observes an annual celebration of assisted living residents, staff, and volunteers. This year, the theme is “Capture the Moment.”
Said NCAL Executive Director Scott Tittle, “No matter your age, we should all be living life to its fullest. Assisted living caregivers help seniors realize this by supporting them with everyday tasks, while maximizing their independence and honoring their individuality.”
Nobody does this better than our staff at Bridgeway Senior Living. Each and every one of our residents can still celebrate and live life to his or her best ability, and our staff is there to help them achieve their dreams.
And our residents, in turn, give purpose to our staff. We consider it an honor not only to help our residents with their care needs, but also to engage with them and learn from them every single day.
Here on the Bridgeway blog, we’ve posted often about how seniors can capture their moments. Go ahead and browse our archives for information about keeping up your physical and emotional health—so you can conquer the world—and capture the moment.
How will you celebrate National Assisted Living Week?
There’s no right or wrong way to celebrate, just make sure to capture the moment when you do!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Set out to achieve something you’ve never done but always wanted to do.
- Tell your friends and/or our staff members about your dream so they can help.
- Look at old photos that have captured moments in your life, such as weddings, graduations, births, and deaths.
- Take or request new photos of your loved ones.
- Learn how to take a selfie and post it on social media.
- Thank your dedicated caregivers and other staff.
- If you live independently, volunteer at an assisted living community.
These are just some ways to celebrate the week dedicated to this very special branch of long-term care. How are you celebrating?